pregnant with gallbladder attacks (PIOG) adult content

this is baby number three for me and I hurt just under the breast bone and I noticed Sunday that my stool is pale. I got an ultra sound yesterday, but they wouldn't tell me anything. I'm freaking out I read online that my symptoms fit gallbaldder attacks. what can I do? I hurt all day and night.

lovemybaby283

Asked by lovemybaby283 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Health

• Not sure what to tell you, I suffered from them for a long time before I had mine removed, After the surgery an Amish friend of ours said he ate green apples when he felt an attack coming on, Not sure if it really helps or not, my gall bladder was removed at that point.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• A low fat diet is recommended until they're able to remove the gallbladder or your pain stops. I have gallstones, and I have for over 6 years now since I was pregnant. After I delivered and the baby was no longer putting pressure on my gallbladder, the pain eased up completely. I haven't had a problem since. Good luck!
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• gallstones and kidney stones are common during pregnancy a lower fat/greasy diet can help......I had mine removed about 5 months after having my son.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would go to the emergency room and see what is going on. There are a lot of doctors that can help in that kind of situation, I wouldn't stay in pain, it is not healthy for the unborn child.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i would say to tough it out if you can, see what they say. if it gets too bad pain wise, then go in... it's pretty common and they should have mentioned if there was an issue on your u/s... but they may not have even noticed, if they weren't looking for anything not baby related.
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I had about 19 attacks during my pregnancy. It was excruciating. The only thing that I could eat was mini wheats and all i could drink was water. They are no fun and actually sent me in to labor at about 20 weeks. Once we got it under control I dealt with it until after I had my baby and had it removed. The ultra sound will tell them if it is serious. It is frustrating when you have to wait and get results. For me it hurt under my ribs, I couldn't breath and I couldn't keep anything down.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010