How can I get my 10m old to sleep throught the night?

My son refuses to sleep all night. Ever since he was born I had him on a strict 3 hour eating schedule, and well, I think it just stuck. He's on a routine everynight and goes to bed around 8. He will then get up anywhere between 11-3, seeming like he's hungry. I'm not sure if we made the mistake of giving in and feeding him. I would like some advice because I'm exhausted, lol.

Sarahe786

Asked by Sarahe786 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• What are you feeding him before bed? Try a heavier meal and he might sleep right through. My nine month is on a great schedule and she's down abt 7:30-8 and sleeps til abt 6:00 am
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I remember at about 9-10 months all my kids changed their schedule and would not sleep at night. So change with your baby..offer some new activities during the day and have different nap times...your baby may even need less naps now. Could be teething too. All I can say is Enjoy your baby. :) does not last forever. :(
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• He eats dinner around 5:45, 6. He's in the process of going from baby food to regular food. Sometimes he'll drink 8oz before bed, or 2. Either way he wakes up. He goes to an in home daycare everyday, and I think that has something to do with it. I've told her how I nap him on the weekends, and I think she just lets him sleep. Could it be a possibility of whats happening during the day??
    Thanks for the tips ladies!
    Sarahe786

Comment by Sarahe786 (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i would put baby cereal in last bottle before bed it should work ,also give him warm bath ,rub him with cream it will help him to relax
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I've also tried the cereal in the bottle, cereal just made... he gets a bath every other night right before bed, then bedtime lotion rubbed on every night. I just think he is so used to eating every 3 hours! Ugh
    Sarahe786

Comment by Sarahe786 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010