BV

I went to the doctor yesterday and he swabbed me and said i had BV. He gave an atibiotic that is suppose to cure it up. When i got home i looked it up on the internet and every site said it is an STD. My doc told me that it was from all the meds they had me on for my strep throat. what im wondering is have nay of you had BV and what are the odds of it hurting my baby. Im 38 weeks 6 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have not had it, but if your doctor is not worried, I wouldn't be either. I would, however, try to seek a natural remedy for it, as the meds they give you could harm the baby.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 10:51 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I had it when I wasn't pregnant. They prob gave you some cream and a different antibiotic. It is not an STD, it is a bacterial infection. I think that if you take what he prescribed then you and the baby should be safe.
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have had it when I was pregnant with my first baby. I had no problems and my baby was fine.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 1:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2008