How can we help President Obama?

I would like to compose a letter to President elect Obama, to let him know some ideas have that could be helpful to him when he takes office. I would like your sincere ideas as well. How can we help? What ideas do you have?

Gretchen2876

Asked by Gretchen2876 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i honestly dont think he would read it, so i doubt it matters what ideas we have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You actually think he gives a rats ass about your ideas? Come on now! You HAVE been bamboozled!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You can send a letter, but i'm sure itll just go in the huge ass pile of mail that is never opened.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I don't know if he would read it or not. That is totally not the point! I refuse to sit by and not try to make a difference. I could possibly be helping my family and yours, what's wrong with that?
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Like I said, you can send one.. great. But you think they're really going to care? It's a waste of time, honestly. If you want to make a difference, you can do much more than just sending a letter.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:51 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• In all honestly as wonderful of an idea it is, your letter will never make it to the president himself. Staffers that are paid to open mail from the general public, will open it, file it away with the rest of the mail, and send you a standardized return letter from the president thanking you for your letter. That's how it works!

Secondly, Obama is already making his cabinet and it is those people in his cabinet who he is going to turn to for advise. So your letter will mean nothing to him! If you really want your voice to be herd then you are better off contacting and writing your local state representatives (you know the people at your state capitol) and/or your State Senator and your Sate Congressman (or Congresswoman)!!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:52 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I heard that he wants to have a more open government, where people can voice their opinion on issues through internet. He also stated he wanted to broaden the area that can get high speed broadband internet, such as my area. I live way out in the country and we cannot get much of anything. It would be nice if he would follow through on this and have and site where we could voice idea's and complaints on our government.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• No one is saying you can't make a difference; It's just do it in a way that you will actually be heard!!! When the staffers open the mail they don't really read it..... They skim it over to make sure there is no threat to the president, but after that it is filed away with all the other mail and if forgotten!!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:55 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Why should we help Obama, help America, screw Obama. He's just a another lieing politician who got the vote because there are a bunch of losers who want the government to take care of them. Help yourselves and get a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Every piece of mail that goes to the white house is opened, read, and scrutinized for it's meaning. It is a matter of composing a letter that impresses the reader enough to pass it on.
    Good luck in your letter writing. I can't think of any ideas, but am on pins and needles waiting to hear what he has to say. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2008