What should I do?????

Since my 4 year old started pre school his behavior is awful. This is his second year at this school. Before he started he was awsome, he listened, never said a bad word and he was awsome at sharing with other kids. He has als started hitting other kids, none of this started until he started at that school. I have tried talking to his teachers because every time I walk into his class almost all f the ther kids are ganging up on him. He's really not a bad kid and I don't understand why they are singling him out. And the teachers aren't doing much about it. Should I take him out of that school??? Any advice on what to do about his behavior???

bphockeymom20

Asked by bphockeymom20 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes, This is a hard one & I would be concerned too. I seen a change in my son just by him hanging out with some friends that are a bit older than him so I'm really nervous about him going to school. I would definitely have a sit down talk with my son & then I would call to make an appointment with his teacher to discuss my concerns. I would let her know that you are really concerned about what you have witnessed with the other children & hopefully she can let you know what is going on & reassure you on whats actually happening. Kids change their focus on so much stuff that you MAY have caught them on a day that they were really focused on your son. Go & check it out so you can make a decision to pull him out of that particular school or not.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 8:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• sometimes adults aren't the best people to ask... go strait to the source... ask the children themselves... ask your son why he's being mean to the other children and why the children are being mean to him. It only takes one rotten apple to ruin the bunch... and it may not even have been your son. Make sure the teacher isn't singling him out in class either (calling on him more than other people, giving him extra attention, or putting him in a position where other children his age would perceive him as someone to pick on) Ask the children that are harassing him why they don't like your son. Teach him to be much more passive... the less children react to other children, the less negative attention they will get.
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 11:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think i forgot to say that I walk him to school every day and pick him up every day cuz the school is right down the street. It is an every day thing that the kids are picking on him. Well maybe not every day, but pretty often. I just don't want to make a decision that could hurt my son. I am really confused.
    bphockeymom20

Answer by bphockeymom20 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We had to take our son out of his school after 2 wks. This was the first time he had been a school setting and all the other kids knew each other and he was the only new kid in the class room. When I would pick him up from school he was by himself eating his lunch and we realized this wasn't the school for him. As I have been told there is a right school for all the kids and you may need to go through a few of them until you find the right one. I know we would try to talk to the teacher but all she told me was what he was doing wrong and telling me anything he did right. She wouldn't even suggest what we could do to work on it and she even told me he could have ADHD. Which I find interesting since he would need to be tested by a PHD. Go with your gut feeling and if it fees wrong that it is...

mommy6805

Answer by mommy6805 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2008