need sleep....

i read american baby and parenting and all those magazines, they all say the best way to get sleep with a newborn is to sleep when the baby sleeps...that would work if i didn't have 2 other children. a 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old (they sleep through the nite). my hubby works in construction all day long and is tired by the time he gets home so..there is no switching off the baby and because of the new baby he does side jobs on the weekend for extra cash. my mother is too far away and his mother just lost her baby to sids in august soo...yea. is there any tips or hints to get sleep?

xdeviouskittyxx

Asked by xdeviouskittyxx at 10:43 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you have any friends that could come over during the day and watch the other two kids for 2 hours while you get some sleep? Also, even though you're husband is at work all day so are you and you don't get a break. You don't have a car ride in the morning and evening to unwind and listen to music or the whole day away from screaming kids who want your attention. You work 24/7 so I think it is totally fair for Dad to take the baby when he gets home or when baby goes down at night he's in charge of the other two kids and getting them to sleep and you go to sleep when the nb does. I'm sorry, but I'm over sparing Dad because he works during the day- you work harder and longer so enlist his help girl!
    FACMom

Answer by FACMom at 11:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Can you make one room child proof? I used this one room I could shut the door an it be safe for kids,Made me a bed in there an shut the door with the kids in ther to.Made it dark an had them all lay with me.SO if its dark they understand its time to sleep.An if your going to sleep most often they will love the fact they get to lay with mommy.Tell them mommy needs a nap so be very quiet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• id theres any possible way that you can afford it, hire a friend to watch your kids for a day, either go to sleep or just go somewhere.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Look at local churches for a Moms morning out group, they usually last about 4 hours or so, you could run back home and sleep!
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2008