Would you say comparing republicans to terrorists is kosher?

Our president says republicans can sit in the back of the bus.Pelosi has called republicans everything imaginable.Now Menendez compares republicans to terrorists.

The war of words over the Bush tax cuts heated up Friday, as Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez compared Republicans to "terrorists" for holding middle-class tax cuts "hostage."

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think both sides are guilty of "hostage holding." The question is whether it is warranted or not. Sometimes it is.

What is wrong with compromise? I am for an extension of all the cuts, but I know that won't work. Why can't they raise the amount from $250,000 to $500,000 or a million. The 250 amount will sweep tons of small businesses up into a higher tax bracket. Why not split the difference and raise the other rates by half the amount.

They ALL need to stop playing the all or nothing route and work together.

I agree with lovin. I also think this type of stuff is tacky and shows a huge lack of class......I don't care WHO is doing it.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:42 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• There is no more hostage holding on this than the PBO administration holding all of us hostage over our health. I went to CVS yesterday to get my med. that I take daily. I was told that Caremark (which is CVS) will no longer fill my prescription at that retail level. The new health care law requires long term med. to be filled by mail order. I got my prescription, paid out of pocket even though I have prescription plan, and now I have no choice. I have to fill my meds through the mail whether I want to or not. My premiums went up $1,200 per year without a change and now I can't choose to fill my prescription at the counter. I would rather them argue over the tax code which will help my pocketbook than interfere in my health which is none of the government's business!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Well,it's not the first time they've called us terrorists...it's kind of starting to lose it's punch. It's like racist..you can only say it so many times before it's like...Dude. Whatever.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• its wrong...but so is comparing the President (Obama or Bush) or anyone else for that matter to Hitler. words are all politicians know and they often pick the wrong (and stupid) ones. but acting like Repubs arent guilty of it too is naive.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Aww, are the sore loser dems calling us names? All I can say about them other than they have no class whatsoever is...stupid is as stupid does.

Oh please, I spent 8 years being called a traitor, anti-American, anti-Troop and terrorist sympathizer because I had the nerveto disagree with Bushco. This is nothing new and the Reps are just as guilty of these BS tactic as the Dems are. If we the people didn't lap it up, believe all their crap, and stopped responding in their favor they might stop but I don't see us growing up that much anytime soon. If anyone thinks one party is better than the other ethically, I have some beachfront property in Az to sell you.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• All this crap is getting REALLY ridiculous. Republicans are NOT terrorists. That's crazy. Maybe the ones saying that are the terrorists trying to cover their asses.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) 7 minutes ago

YUP!

bowing downsidesplittinglaughter

Libs called GWB Hitler first...neener ;p
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• No it's not. No more than calling Democrats traitors and anti-American was during Bushco.

Unfortunately both sides will use whatever tactics and rhetoric they think they can get away with, to make their opponents look bad in the public eye. Tis the nature of the game.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010