How long are garlic bulbs good for???

I have had a package of two garlic bulbs in my cupboard for a couple months. Are they still good to use. For future knoing, how long is the shelf life for garlic???

Oncloud8

Asked by Oncloud8 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I just go by how it looks. If it is super dry (like shriveled) I don't use it. But there can be some cloves that are still ok in the same head. I have also been known to cut off a dark spot and use the rest of the clove.
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have wanted to know that one too! I tried to use a couple of cloves for dinner one time and cut it open to chop it up and there was a darker yellow spot in the middle of it! So i chopped around the little yellow spot and used the good part. But i always put mine in the fridge and i only but 1 bulb at a time
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 11:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I've read that garlic bulbs can last up to 3 months or so. I always go by how dry it is getting. You can peel it and see if it still feels moist or is drying up.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I've had some in my kitchen for 5 months (bought them in July) that are still good.
    Anonymous

• I never know so I am always tossing them once I use them.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010