She's sleeping on the floor, what to do?

So my daughter is 21 months old and a few months back (October) we converted her crib to a toddler bed. She loved it and although she fell out of bed a few times, it was expected as part of the "moving to a big girl bed" process. ( She has two partial rails on the bed.)

Well, the last 2 nights I have went to check on her and she's asleep on the floor in front of her door by the baby gate. I'm not sure what to do. Move her and risk waking her up or let her sleep on the floor until it passes or convert the toddler bed back to a crib? I know she's not falling out of bed and sleeping down there because the door is pretty far away from her bed and I would have heard it, so she's sleeping down there on purpose. TIA

sandrizzle

Asked by sandrizzle at 11:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just place the mattress on the floor

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would leave her. My DD went threw a phase like that. She would chose to sleep on the floor. She'd take her pillow and blanket off the bed and make a bed on the floor. Eventually she got bored with it and went back in her bed.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• As long as she's sleeping well, I wouldn't worry about where that may be. She will eventually go back to her bed. I would leave the matress on the bed in case she decides to migrate back to it in the night. But, since you know she tends to sleep on the floor, make a pallet for her where she seems to like to be, offering her both options. When you put her to bed each night, just talk about how big girls sleep in their beds. She will get it eventually.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My son went through a really long floor sleeping phase, more than a year. Yes, it was a little odd, but since he was sleeping well, we didn't make a big deal out of it. When we got him a queen sized bed, he started sleeping there and didn't ever go back to the floor.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• We just had the same issue! When we put her in the toddler bed, we also moved the bed to another location within her room. We've since put it back, where the crib used to be, and she seems to be sleeping in her bed more. Perhaps moving her bed by the door, or if it's not already, try placing the bed where her crib used to be. Also if she had a mobile attached to the crib and if it's no longer attached, maybe try that as well.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010