how do u deal with a baby who wants to be cuddled 24/7???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cuddle them 24/7 lol. Both of my kids dislike being put down. So I got a baby carrier. I still can't do as much as I could when I wasn't holding a baby all the time, but the carrier allows me to keep the house clean enough that it's not a hazard for my family and to take care of my toddler.

It's so much easier and nicer than trying to "train" a baby to not want what they are biologically designed to want... which is their mother's constant presence. They know that they can't survive without you and being put down and left alone feels very lonely and scary to them. You are their source of comfort, protection and food. They depend on you for EVERYTHING. Babies in most other cultures are worn constantly and they almost never cry. My kids stopped crying all the time when I started wearing them too.

If you want, I can suggest baby carriers :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I see you have a view into my house~! LOL my 2 year old is a huge cuddler! I spend a lot of time during the day just rocking and snuggling him! As I see it there is goingto be a time that they are not going to want this so I gotta soak it up while its here
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• DS is that way, and has been since he left the womb. I think a lot of babies are that way, and that's what they NEED. Try an Ergo Baby Carrier. It's super comfy, you can nurse in it, and once he/she can sit up, they can go on your back.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Snuggle them as much as possible. Maybe invest in a sling?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Oh my gosh you just get a baby sling and carry this baby with you close to you. I had one like that she needed to be carried every where until age four. We had the front pack the back pack. Every class she ever took some one carried her. Good luck you can make it through. I know it sounds cliche but keep the baby close they do eventually turn into teens--and will never want you around.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• lol yea she loves her momma. everyonce in awhile shes good but then omg she once me to just pick her up and cuddle her and rock her to sleep or she will keep screaming lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I feel your pain!! I can't put my 4 month old down for more than 5-10 minutes. He's a very sensitive and irritable baby he's tons of work so I know you're probably having as much trouble as me. Honestly I just carry him around most of the time. I have a baby bjorn carrier that I wear at least once or twice during the day he's pretty content in that. Let me tell you he weighs 15lbs and I've gotten really strong!
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 7:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010