Age gap.

Would you find it strange that a 15 ( almost 16) year old girl came to your house daily to visit and hang out with your 12 year old daughter ? I feel like the age gap is rather significant . How would you feel if the twelve year old was your child ? Would you allow them to hang out  with the 15 year old ?

sulkygirl79

Asked by sulkygirl79 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Are there any other neighborhood kids? I would just keep a close watch.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• There are other neighborhood kids of both ages. My daughter only hangs out with her age group of peers. The 15 year old says she has friends in high school, just not in our neighborhood.

sulkygirl79

Comment by sulkygirl79 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would be careful.Your daughter can get hurt if she dumps her as a friend.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I probably wouldn't worry about it. My best friend growing up was 5 years younger than me. She was 8 and I was 13 when we became friends and we did everything together (mostly playing Barbies). She's still one of my best friends (she just turned 29 and I'll be 34 this month). She was the little sister I never had.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I agree don't worry but moniter what their doing? Maybe even spend time with them together like watch movies, bake, ask them what they would like to do that'
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• maybe the older doesnt have any younger siblings and likes to think of her as a little sister, just keep an eye out and listen to what they talk about
    Tonesgirl

Answer by Tonesgirl at 10:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• maybe something is going on at home and she feels safe at your house......just montier whats going on and listen carefuly when she talks
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Theres not that big of an age differance, most parents have kids two to three years apart. She probably acts mature for her age and the 15 year old enjoys her company. My kids are 11 and 13 and they hang out with high schoolers of course at my house.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010