To anyone who has experienced ghosts/spirits

Have you ever seen itty bitty lights like sparking stars when you've sensed them around? I saw these strange lights at my grandma's funeral right after I felt her spirit enter the room during the 1st hymn. They were floating next to her casket about waist high. This was a new one for me.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Personally, no. I've never seen that. However, I have read of it and have heard similar stories before. I would think it was simply her spirit "separating" from her body at last. We tend to think of spiritual separation as an immediate thing, but it's not... In fact it's the lingering of the human spirit after passing which has lead to many of the stories and myths (including believe it or not vampires) through history.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have seen shadows and things in the corner of my eyes like I think, I swore I saw my daughter come up stairs from the basement and she never did ... or the feeling of "something" take my blankets and playing tug of war with them and have no idea who this is who is playing around like this but it freaks me out.
    but at my uncle funeral I swore my cousin was there and his mom said he wasn't, then I talked to my pastor about it and he said that sometimes our loved ones visit us in different ways to let us know that they are going to be okay.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Never seen that before, I've only seen shadow figures and heard voices.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I most definitely believe in spirits and afterlife, I have seen spirits, shadow people and full apparitions, I have experienced many things and heard things, I have never experience the twinkling but I think people experience different things that come with being able to sense things, you said right after her spirit entered the room...maybe that was her way of communicating to you that she was there, or that is the way ur mind takes in the spiritual realm, you say it like you know it was her spirit, so you must know u have the sixth sense of spirituality and these things have happened before in different ways grandmas happens to be twinkling, keep me posted, its nice to know that I have somebody who experiences things like I do.
    StressedOut107

Answer by StressedOut107 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• That's interesting. At my uncle's funeral, I was looking up at the minister talking and I saw something like a tiny flame floating over my aunt's head. It touched the top of her head, like a kiss, and disappeared. I haven't heard much about this particular phenomena, but I think that it is the presense of family members who have already passed over. The deceased are always interested in the big events in their family and often visit during births, weddings, and funerals. I think my uncle was kissing my aunt goodbye. You have a wonderful gift.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• No cant say that i have...But Heres a bump for ya
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 2:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I thought I've seen shadows pass by before but it could have just been staring at the computer screen for a while, then looking the other way away from the screen. But there have also been times in our home where I thought my Hubby or DD has passed by me and I go to say something to them, but no one there.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I've seen orbs and occasionally a shape. of course I get tall shadowy people thru here all the time. But that's way cool you are open to seeing things like that. Sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

• Yes, one time and it was in my bedroom.....very scary, but it sure was real.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• There are more things in the air and around the earth that are unexplained than you can ever imagine !!!
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 5:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010