Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What can I do to get my 18 yr old son back in school?

My son use to have a bad atittude and didn't want to listern to nothing that me and my husband had to say.He talked back to us and even blew up at my husband, his dad.He was also being bad and ugly to not just the students at school but, the teachers too.So they kicked him out, but now almost a year later he has change for the better and now he wants to go back to school,but his coucil says no. Can she do that? I know Ga. Law says that if he is not 20 than he can return.

Answer Question

Asked by mswhit44 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in

Level 3 (20 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • Well, if the law says he can return, I would call the school board. He can also finish high school at the community college.

    Answer by ohwrite at 11:35 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

  • He want to go back but his school councilor is coming up with all kind of excuses why he shouldn't go back. So I wanted to know what can I do about the school not letting him go back?

    Comment by mswhit44 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

  • the question for crying out loud!

    Anyway, I think you need to go over the counselor to the principal..then the superintendent if needed. Good for him!!! Good luck!

    Answer by spottedpony at 12:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

  • He can go to a local community college and get his HSED through them. The diploma will have his high school name on it and he won't have to deal with a counselor that is going to constantly ride his back and judge him unfairly for past mistakes. And he may not be allowed back at the high school if he was violent to anyone and was expelled.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

  • Look in to online high school classes. That will allow him to get iss high school diploma. Check out

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

  • Call the principal. Work the channels.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

  • I would call the school board if you have too.

    Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

  • some schools can kick a student out for good, he may have 2 go to a differet school , i would talk to the principal or something first tho

    Answer by bekkaboo89 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

  • help him get his GED and take college courses. Who wants to go back to HS at 20? :) lol j/k check with the school board

    Answer by sarlove01 at 2:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

  • If he is ambitious enough he can get a GED.


    Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:47 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.