Do you think Hillary is really done?

She says probably...

How do you feel? Disappointed? Who will be the next big female candidate?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. Dems made too big of a deal about McCain's age for anyone to be over 65 and run for office on the Dem ticket now. She was also like Palin treated very badly simply because she was a woman. It will be a long time before a woman is in office too many women are threatened by a woman being able to do it all to ever vote for a her. I think men are fine with it as long as a woman is a good candidate I think women are who hold women back.

Anonymous

• I think what the country thinks and what HILIARY thinks may be 2 different things.

I also agree with anon above in terms of the country electing a woman- many people still think a woman's place is in the home- I am pretty socially liberal, and think a woman can be just as skilled as a man, BUT I would be very leery of electing a mother with small children POTUS. From personal experience, I know that my kids always came before any job- when my kids were sick, I did not go to work- luckily for most of their early years, I worked off hours when my husband could cover. The good of the country over flesh and blood? That would have been a hard for me...

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• GOD, I HOPE SO!!!!!!!

praying

cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• – collapse
    I like Hillary. I would love to see a woman President. I would be happy with her as President and many other Democrats. I would not feel "threatened"...I would not prevent a woman from anything political. It would be just fine for a mother of small kids to be President. I don't believe a woman's place is only in the home, never have,never will. ( ANd I was born in the 1940's....my Gramma was a FEminist) I WOULD croak if PAlin were running or, heaven forbid, was elected President. The USA would be the laughing stock all over the world
    I would be happy if an INTELLIGENT Republican woman ran. Just NO PALIN!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• I hope so. I hope she then realizes she no longer needs Bill and divorces the jack-ass...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• No, she is not done, if she thinks she can beat Obama she will run.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don't get why woman are treated that way. So many other countries have women run the government and they are still in tact. Why do we act like it is some curse? we are suppose to be forward thinkg country but we are so behind. Like wow we finally got a black one...Africa has many black leaders lol
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 1:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• hope she then realizes she no longer needs Bill and divorces the jack-ass...

Agreed. A marriage maintained for political connections,
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• No, I can just see her coming out of "retirement" because "the people need me".
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 3:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• no idea
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010