Changing Insurance

My DH's company is changing health insurance in January, so he has no choice, but to change. I am pregnant and am high-risk. I know some insurance's can deny you when you sign up for an existing condition. Do you think when his work changes insurance, I could get denied?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 11:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• If the insurance is through work, they can't deny you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• You're ok, they can't deny coverage because you haven't had a lapse in coverage.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• You will be covered since the company is making the change. They are making the change now because in 2014 if a company makes any changes everyone will be dumped into the exchanges. After 2014 employers and employees cannot make any changes to what they have or they will be dumped.
    Anonymous

• Probably not but insurance companies CAN deny prexisting conditions when the company changes insurances. I have been there, lapse or not. Read the fine print and ask questions.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• There is really no way of knowing that in advance. Every company has its own rules.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I wouldnt think so but I wouldnt want to promise you that I know that. I hope for your sake they dont. How old are you if you dont mind me asking? good luck to you and your baby
    NE1outthere

Answer by NE1outthere at 7:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010