12 yr old daughters odd behavior ...?

my 12 yr old daughter puts folded toilet paper in her underwear, we know cause it has fallen out in front of us, apparently she has been doing it for some time now(years)... Does anyone know why? I can't figure it out, I could understand if she had started her period and was out of pads but she hasnt started and I keep pads in her bathroom for when she does start... Help! I think it's creepy! She refuses to tell me grandma and my hubby!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Maybe she could use some panty liners. She may be tired of discharge getting her panties wet. If that's the case she's probably too embarrassed to tell anyone.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 12:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Not creepy, she may be worried about starting her period and it leaking through her panties. Or she is having some discharge and is trying to keep her panties clean. It may be time to introduce her to panty liners and talk to her about what will happen with her body. She will have some type of discharge before she gets her period or she could have a yeast infection.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I did the same thing at that age. Her little body is going through hormone changes which sometimes causes vaginal discharge. Just tell her you understand and get her some pantyliners. No deodorant type. Then tell her the pantyliners are better than folded toilet paper because it will stay in place.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 10:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• are her pads thick ?try getting her panyliners she might be doing it because she wants her period if her friends already have theirs thats all i can think of i hope it helps good luck
    BGBsmom

Answer by BGBsmom at 12:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Buy her panty liners. Just discreetly put them in her room or bathroom where she'll see them. She's probably worried about messing her clothes if her period starts suddenly.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Buy her pantie liners. I would ask her and approach her in a sensitive matter. I find it odd that she won't talk to you about it. She might be having a lot of discharge
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Maybe she has some discharge and leakage speak with her doctor my daughter was only 6 when she was wetting herself again turned out she had 37 kidney stones, and and infantile uretha....so don't just assume something isn't going on maybe her doctor can coax something out of her and try speaking with her alone 12 is a very confusing age maybe she isn't comfortable in letting everyone know whats going on with her...let her know she can trust you to keep it between yourselves tell her you just want to make sure that nothing is going on that needs to be checked by a doctor, that you love her and want to make sure she is healthy, do it when its just you two have a girls day, have some lunch and talk about it, but don't force it, and don't give up trying and eventually she will come around, but tell her doctor whats going on.
    StressedOut107

Answer by StressedOut107 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• im with the first pp...she is probably having alot of discharge (possibly an infection) and is tired of her panties being wet...i tend to have alot of discharge normally and if i'm temporarily out of panty liners, i'll do the same thing...whats confusing to me is why you didnt think of this yourself and you seem so freaked out by it...im going to assume that you havent had much of a sex talk with her at all yet. its time to start. and remember, its NOT a one time talk...its an ongoing conversation for years.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 3:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Have you asked her?
    maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 8:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• maybe when she was younger she saw you putting a pad on and she mocked that??? she won't tell you because she's embarrssed. i would buy her panty liners and tell her these are more comfortable and won't cause embarrising moments. i wouldn't ask again (not just yet) allow her some time to come around. she's at the age where they say and do weird things. good luck
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 12:34 AM on Dec. 5, 2010