What kind of "skirt" do you put under your Christmas tree?

My mom always wrapped the bottom in that white, glittered, batting stuff -- Christmas Snow, she called it. My neighbor's is naked...no skirt of any kind.

What do you use?

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 12:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• Mine is a hand-embroidered round tree skirt, made by my great-great-grandmother.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• For the past few years I had that white sparkly stuff too, but last year it got caught in the vacuum and ripped, so the other day after I put up the tree, I made one. It is red with really pretty christmas trees on it. I am pretty proud of myself! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have a velvet skirt with an image of Santa and his sleigh decorated in sequins that I use. The plan for next year is to hand knit one - I really don't like the one we have now and I can make something I like a lot more.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• the one i have is just a plain red tree skirt.. not even velvet.. i thought id go for something not fancy so it doesnt take away from the tree..but im over it already, im going to get a really nice one next year.. even though they are about 40 dollars maybe ill get one on sale after Christmas!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 12:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have a quilted one that my MIL made for us 24 years ago. We don't do the whole tree thing anymore (due to DH's work we are away from home till right before christmas, and leave right after) but we will use it again someday.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• We have a red skirt...had it since I was little so over 20 something years lol
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Ours is just a typical green tree skirt with a red and green boarder. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• The kind you buy at store.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• We have a small village we put under our tree. My Dad always uses a white sheet. Then he covers the cords from the lights with unrolled cottonballs for snow drifts. We have a dog that wants to get inthe window that the tree is in front of...she has torn others to shreds in the past. A plain whit sheet works for us!! =-)
    ErinsMomma1

Answer by ErinsMomma1 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I use an openwork crocheted twin bedspread that my grandmother made. It makes the most beautiful tree skirt ever.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010