What do you think is an approperiate age for you to start having sex? adult content

A study shows that a majority of 8 year old had already given or received a BJ.

And another study shows the a majority of 13 years already have had sex!

I think it is sooo young! But I did those things at 15, is that really much better..

What age were you when you had sex for the first time?

AbsoluteSelf

Asked by AbsoluteSelf at 12:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Honestly I don't believe those statistics. A MAJORITY of 8 year old? Come on now. Where are they taking these surveys?
    Anonymous

• Whenever you are emotionally ready to deal with such a bond and giving of yourself. 8 is way too young and so is 13, I think anywhere between 15 and 18.

Answer by older at 12:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I was 21. Much earlier than that, in my opinion, is not a good idea. Ideally, a person should not have sex unless they are prepared to bring a child into the world, because no matter how careful a couple is, sex carries the risk of pregnancy.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think 17, for me, was appropriate...for ds, I think he should wait until he's 35 and happily married, dh tells me this might be a bit unreasonable lol
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I told my son that it's best to at least wait till after High School.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I feel those stats really are two young. I was molested and I know that I had done things by ten I think no child should have done becuase of the molestation. I probably started participating in oral sex and other sexual activities that weren't intercourse at 14 or so. I had intercourse for the first time at 17, but it was a stiuation where I was pushed into it. I was probably less than ready for it and I didn't have sex agian until I was 19. I was no better prepared then, but it had been more my choice and he and I are now married so in the end it all worked out okay.
    For my own kids I want them to serve missions and be married before they start having sex, but we'll see what cards the future deals us.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 12:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• even tho i started having sex when i was 14 i hope that i can guid my children to understand that sex is a major life changing decision and that it should not be taking lightly and there are conciquences and to wait untill there fully ready to handle it. im hoping they wait till there out of highschool and in college. i so wish i had waited till i was ready and not just b/c my boyfreind was 16 and i was afraid he was going to leave me....
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think your stats are way off. Perhaps SOME children are participating in those activities, but I don't believe that a MAJORITY are. You know what they say about statistics, 75% of statistics are exaggerated and 35% just aren't true. =P Hehehe

I would like for my children to wait until after high school.
    sandrizzle

Answer by sandrizzle at 12:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I was 16. I don't regret it, though I would probably want my own children to wait a bit longer. The main thing is I would like for them to feel comfortable enough to be open with me, and have a discussion. I don't know if that will be the case, but I sure hope it is.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I was 14 when I lost my verginity. My oldest son (11) has started asking some questions about sex. I just try to answer any questions that he has, and explain to him the conciquences of having sex too young.
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010