Plane travel with an 11 month old

Here in a couple weeks we will be flying with our 11 month old and I am making my list of what needs packed in her diaper bag for her carry-on. I want to make sure we have everything. It's a night flight so she should sleep though most of it (fingers crossed!), but I still want to make sure I have everything. Also, are glass baby food jars allowed? I am assuming not, but I have a ton of them and would rather use them than buy more if I can. I am calling the airline later to check for sure, but sometimes mom's know more than customer service people lol

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am not sure if a baby computer is allowed, but that would be some kind of fun entertainment for the little one.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Well I glass is allowed but I am not sure about the food. Going through security is the part that is the problem. Are you nursing or using bottles?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would make sure a blanket cause airlines are not giving out blankets now. make sure even if baby will sleep a pacifier or bottle to keep their ears popping during landing and taking off. I do not know about baby food jars call the airline. If can maybe things like cereal and these gerber puffs if they can chew on those. Or wise by food food at the other end of your jourey. Happy flying and happy holidays to you and your family
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Pack more food than you think you might need. My DIL was severely delayed once and used up all the extra food she packed because of it. GL and have a great time!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Usually anything that is unopened, like a jar of baby food, is ok..you'll have to get water from the airport after security checks..it sucks bc it's usually only cold water...we flew with our dd when she was 11 months and we took toys snack that were still sealed, bottle, blanket,..anything we thought she might need for the flight..didn't have one issue..and that was just a year ago..but call the airline to make sure, you never know what can change in a year..good luck.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010