What is your favorite homemade candy?

I'm thinking about making candy to give as gifts and I'm looking for some ideas.

Joyzap2003

Asked by Joyzap2003 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• My great grandma use to make this rocky road fudge..it was sooooo goood! And I like peanut brittle! : )
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Peanut brittle
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Turtles
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It takes alot of stirring but in the end...Yummy!!
    BIG BATCH FUDGE
    16 oz. milk chocolate I used a Big Heshey bar
    16 large marshmallows quarted
    1 can evaporated milk
    4 1/2 c. sugar
    pinch salt
    1 stick of margarine
    1 pkg. 12 oz. semi sweet chips ( i used Toll House)
    5 tsp. vanilla
    1 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
    Chop chocolate on cutting board, cut each marshmallow into 4 pieces. Line 13x9 pan with margarine, set aside. Put milk, sugar and salt into heavy 4 qt. saucepan. Add margarine stick, cut whole thing into thin slices. Set pan on medium, high heat and bring to rolling boil, stirring constantly. This will take 10 mins. Reduce heat to med and cook for 5 mins, stirring to prevent sticking. Remove from heat, add chocolate pieces, chopped milk chocolate, marshmallows and vanilla. Stir with a spoon (wooden) until mixture is thoroughly blended and beginning to thicken. Stir in walnuts. Pour in prepared pan and cool completely
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 12:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My secret. Shhh don't tell my friends and family I cheat with the "homemade" caramel. Take a can of sweetened condensed milk and peel off the wrapper. Do not open the can and put in a big pot of water and boil for 3 hours (keep an eye on it b/c you will have to keep replenishing the water. After 3 hours and after its cooled off enough to touch and handle, open the can and wallah, you have caramel! I then spoon out the caramel in spoonfuls and roll it in some chopped pecans and then put it on a pan lined with wax paper and after I am finished will all of them, I put them in the freezer to harden for at least an hour. Then, I melt some semi-sweet chocolate chips and roll the caramel/pecans in the chocolate then put it back on the wax paper lined pan and freeze for at least another hour to harden. That is how I make my popular turtles everyone loves.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• white chocolate fudge its the best
    Runt420

Answer by Runt420 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Every year for the past several, I buy chocolate, melt it and fill molds.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I like to make peanut brittle and also peppermint bark, I often give them as gifts, in decorated Christmas tins from the Dollar Tree.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Does peanut butter fudge count?
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010