Time out?

Do you think that time out works or spankings?

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 12:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• depends on the age of the child and the severity of the "crime". I find taking away privileges is more effective than either time out or spanking.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think they both have their place and what sweet29mom said. Plus what your child seems to responds to better.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think both can work. I think it depends upon the age of the child and what they did to be disciplined. Spanking will be effective for some kids and not effective at all for others, same thing with time outs. Also, time outs and spankings are not the only discipline options out there and other options may work best for your kids. When it comes down to it ever child is different and each parent needs to figure out what form of discipline works best with their kids.
    JennMmomof1

Answer by JennMmomof1 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• We don't spank. Time outs work well for us.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Depends on the kid and the age. Time outs didn't work on my older kids when they were toddler/preschool age but worked once they were about 5 and I got super strict about it: toes and noses on the wall, hands at their sides, no whining or the time is reset.
    They have always worked for my 4yo since she was 2. She's gotten to the point where she is also required to stand in the corner for time-out.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• spanking works when kids where little now that they are adults it gets a little hard so kick in ass works wounders lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010