merina...need advice adult content

hi ladies, well i had merina for over a month now, and i just had my 1st period since being on it, but the thing is i am still bleeding pretty heavy and its been 8days now, my periods are never longer then 3days..is this normal? i also been gettin bad cramping this whole time too, thanks, i plan on calling my doc but i just wanted to know if anyone else had or has this issue and if its normal or what not thanks bunchs!

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Health

• its been so ong since i had my merina and had it taken out...but i believe its normal for the cramping not sure about the bleeding tho but i do know from personal exsperience that your periods become lighter and mine even stopped all togehter for a year and a half before i had it removed...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• no idea, but here's a bump!
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I know i didn't have my period the entire time I was on Mirena. I didn't get cramping either. I would def have a doctor check it out.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I bled for about 10 straight weeks after insertion of my Mirena. More light spotting towards the end. I haven't had a period since and I have had mine 4 yrs. It can take up to 12 weeks for your body to adjust and you can have bleeding for up to that timeframe. Goodluck!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 10:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2010