merina...need advice adult content

hi ladies, well i had merina for over a month now, and i just had my 1st period since being on it, but the thing is i am still bleeding pretty heavy and its been 8days now, my periods are never longer then 3days..is this normal? i also been gettin bad cramping this whole time too, thanks, i plan on calling my doc but i just wanted to know if anyone else had or has this issue and if its normal or what not thanks bunchs!

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Health

• yeah, its normal to have cramping and extra bleeding the firt few months...i've had mine for 1 1/2yrs and i cramped and bled off and on for the first 2 months or so, but have only had 2 periods and no cramping between periods since!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 2:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• yes the first few months on the mirena your periods could be different than they were but if you are lucky like i was it will go away completely. I did have mine removed after 2 1/2 years though to go back on the pill sometimes sex would hurt and it made me break out and have super greasy skin and my hair would fall out alot more than usual
    amberlysmomma

Answer by amberlysmomma at 8:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Normal. My first period on the Mirena was 2 weeks. Now after having it in for 4 months, I have no period.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010