help. I think I have a uti and my doctors office isn't open, my dh wont take me to the er, i don't drive, and have nooone to take me and i am 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant

I know my mom can't take me she is at work and doesn't get home until late on Saturdays, my sister doesn't drive that is all I really have to take me and I know for a fact my grandma wont take me to the er. I don't talk to none of my neighbors. I can't take a bus or cab because my dh wont give me the money because he says i am fine or i will be fine. I don't go to my OB/GYN until the 16th. Is it ok to wait that long? DH says it will be fine and he wont take me until my appointment he says he doesn't have the money this week to take me. Will the baby be fine until then? The reason I think I have one is because I keep getting pain in my private not a bad feeling more just like a sore feeling, but every once in a while I will get a sharp pain, but not to bad. When I pee it hurts again not a lot just like a sore feeling. But I also not all the time, but every once in a while I will feel like I have to pee when I don't

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Start drinking water, lots of water, immediately. Take your temperature every 3-4 hours, if it's over 100.4 that would indicate an infection and you should see a physician as soon as possible

Personally, I think it's abominable that your husband won't get you some medical assistance.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• To go to the ER seems a bit extreme. Call the obstet. office. If it gets extreme call an ambulance. The dr.s office will be open on Monday. In the meantime drink lots of grapefruit and cranberry juice.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Unless your husband is a doctor he needs to shut up & take you to the ER if that is what you wish to do!
    Anonymous

• Did you ever think that this is part of the reason our health system is such a mess. This is why our Emerg. Rooms are backed up. People run to the Emerg. Room for the littlest thing.
    Anonymous

• You do need to go to the doctor but can probably wait until Monday. Call the doctor if possible before that. Until then, drink cranberry juice and lots of water. If you have a way to get some, you could take Azo which is over-the-counter Pyridium and is supposed to be OK to take while pregnant. This is an urinary analgesic which will help calm any bladder spasms and pain you might have. It would be best if you could call before taking the med, however if you can't and just can't stand the discomfort you could try it for a day or so until you get to the doctor and on antibiotics.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Atleast call your doctor. I had a UTI when I was around 38 weeks, and I was told to go to the ER right away.

Bump
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i am not trying to run to the er for every little thing i am just having pain in my private and i am worried what can happen to the baby. i know when i was pregnant with my first i had a uti i didn't know it though and was having contractions 3 weeks early went to the er and i had a uti causing my contractions
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Well like one of the PP said if you get bad enough call an ambulance if he don't want to get off his behind and take care of you and your baby. Do drink plenty of water and cranberry juice if you have it. Relax as much as possible. But do explain to that hard headed man that a uti if left untreated to long can cause complications in pregnancy. If you are not in severe pain or running a fever then you should be alright to wait till Monday to call your OB office. If anything call the labor and delivery and ask to speak to a nurse and explain your symptoms to them and they will be able to advise you as well. good luck.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• a uti while pregnant isnt "the littleest thing" if it gets to your kidneys it could send you into labor. i know 2 people who lost their babies due to kidney infections
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Cranberry juice will help kill some of the bacteria until you can get to the doctor.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2010