How can you tell if your leaking fluid or urine??

Call me crazy but I can't really tell what's going on with me. I'll be 24 weeks with my twins tomorrow so i'm REALLY hoping this is urine. I don't ever feel the peeing "sensation" when this happens. Like earlier I was in a squatting position playing with my son and had no idea anything was coming out until i noticed a few drops of something on the carpet and realized my panties/pants were slightly wet. Kinda gross but yes I smelled my undies and I really don't smell anything, although I know you can't ALWAYS smell urine if its in small amounts like that. Any advice?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• oh yes also if u were squatting this probally pushed on your bladder even more and a bit of pee came out. if you continue to leak threwout the next hr no matter that u do laying down standing up etc then its fluid.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Usually urine might come out a bit if you put pressure on your bladder...by bending or something like you say. If its fluid, it will come out when your not even doing anything..just sitting or laying down. Its best to go get it checked out if you are unsure though.
    Anonymous

• Probably urine (I was only carrying one, and I leaked it all the time). I think we all leak urine by that point in pregnancy, especially when in a position like squatting, or when laughing or sneezing. Put on a panty liner to help collect it, and be sure to change it often.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Also, a "small" leak would still be much more than a few drops here and there. It would require changing a maxi pad every 20-60 minutes.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Usually odor and color-- and if it continues to leak.
    I leaked a lot, it didn't feel like peeing for me. Comes from a different place inside.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• the only way to know for sure sure is to go to the hospital with the panties and have them test it...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I believe from what i have been told by my doctor, that is is ok to discharge a little which is what it sounds like. As long as its not blood or that your not leaking a lot you should be fine, However everyone is different and if if really concerns you then i would ask your doctor. Also congradulations on your twins im sure everything is going to work out for you.
    Lilmama140

Answer by Lilmama140 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Thanks ladies..probably urine then. It seems to usually happen when I'm squatting or sitting behind the steering wheel in the car, ect. Yes it does happen when I sneeze but I know for a fact that's pee because I can "feel" it lol..oh the joys of pregnancy. Now I can tell my hubby "not to worry, just peeing myself dear" lol
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• The same way you can tell the difference between menstrual fluid and urine. It comes out of a different opening. If it happens again, pay attention to where you felt it come out of.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010