Wall Street expert

I was listening to a Wall Street expert this morning on the radio, and he said we,as a country, are so broke, that there is no room for tax breaks for the middle class. He said a few months after Obama gets into office, he'll announce that now is not the time for it. And he will continue to say so. He said that Obama has no idea the finacial mess we're in, and he made promises he won't be able to keep.

What are your thoughts on this?

barrettboys

Asked by barrettboys at 10:52 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think everyone is a bit pessimistic about the way the economy is going, but I think its going to get better. and I also think that guy might have been a McCain supporter. Even if he does at least its not bush in the white house anymore. He just made things worse. I sure Obama will make things better.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think there may be some serios truth in this.
    It is so easy to criticize a President when you aren't briefed on everything. His campaign promises are so EXPENSIVE, I honestly don't know how this country could survive and of Obama's "CHANGE"...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Geeze, I am full of typos today. Perhaps 4 cups of coffee is too much.... :oP
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think just because someone doesn't see or understand how its going to be done dose not mean it can't be. There are a lot of things that we don't understand how they are done or going to be, but yet there they are.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Well, truthfully I don't expect any money back. BUT, I also don't consider anyone from Wall Street "experts" anymore. They kind of lost the whole "financial genius" image in my book. (Or should I say my retirement book.)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Let me retract.... he was the Wall Street Journal editor
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 11:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think that Obama has absolutely made promises he can't keep. All politicians do. Unfortunately, I think that a lot of people in society today have lost patience with things and feel like this situation will turn around overnight, and it won't.

IMO, yes, Obama is going to have to re-evaluate promises he campaigned on to not raise taxes on the middle class. I would not be one bit surprised to see it happen and honestly, I'm kind of expecting it at this point.

He has a lot of spending proposals on the table, and I don't know where he's going to get the money to fund them.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 11:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• well if he don't keep his promises. he's going to have hell on his hands! I support him and voted for him, so I'm hoping he keeps them and proves the more pessimistic of people wrong!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Of course there is not enough money. Everybody who knows anything knew that. Geez.
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 11:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• soonmommyof3, he's already telling people not to focus on the first "100 Days" but the first "1000." His advisors are also telling the press that the peoples' expectations need to be re-evaluated because they may be set way too high.

The NY Times talked about his plans for cutting taxes and healthcare, and was clear in saying that because the Dems missed the 60-seat mark in the Senate, they've no longer got the power for filibustering, and consequently, Obama's going to need to start working on compromisation with the Republicans. That's going to result in having to sacrifice some of the things he championed during his campaign.

I don't have a pessimistic attitude...I have a realistic attitude. People need to accept the fact that Obama, again, like every other politician, has made promsies he can't or won't be able to keep.

MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 11:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2008