2 days overdue and anxiously waiting. Anyone have any ideas on how to induce?

tmma_the_witch

Asked by tmma_the_witch at 1:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are closer every minute!!
    ;-)

Do you mean past the estimated due date?
    If so, remember that its' only the MID-point within the average (estimated) due *period* (of 38-42 weeks).
    So you can be within that normal range for a while...

There is an important reason you are still pregnant (baby & body aren't quite ready yet).
    Induction = forcing things that aren't yet ready and add risks.

How much risk are you willing to add?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't actually consider anything until you are bout a week and a half to two weeks over due. The baby is not ready, you are so close. Let the baby need all the womb time it needs. I went a week and a half late with my first and 4 days late with my third. I know it is not fun but it is what your baby need. Hang in there.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Im just looking for options to help me along a little better. I have an appt on tuesday to check the babys stress level and my doctor has already brought up induction because of my cervix not beign ready. So im just looking for something to help me along
    tmma_the_witch

Comment by tmma_the_witch (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I was supposed to have baby on Jan 1st 2009 and she decided to be difficult the dr set up a jan 7th induction date for if she hadnt come yet. I went in to the hospital and apparently was already having contractions. I had no idea but they were big enough the nurses were surprised I wasnt screaming. The only thing you can do is wait it out. There are some old wives tales like walking, having sex, castor oil (not sure how safe that is) and my gramma told me sweeping the floor helps move things along lol
    Rockabye

Answer by Rockabye at 1:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• im set to be induced the 14 but i want my mom to be here since she leaves the 13. I wont have anyone helping me once she is gone because my husband is going to be searching for jobs after he graduates next week.
    tmma_the_witch

Comment by tmma_the_witch (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i have read bout those old wives tales and that castor oil one just sounds terrifying. I dont know how i would feel having diurretic side effects while in labor, ewwwww.
    tmma_the_witch

Comment by tmma_the_witch (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Your cervix doesn't need to be checked~ whenever it's ready it WILL dilate!
    ;-)
    Many women never have unnecessary hands going inside them like that~
    Keep in mind that women can walk around dilated to 4 or 5 centimeters for weeks or more.
    Or dilate from 0 to complete (10 centimeters) within a few hours.
    If you want to check your own cervix you could do that, but really there is no reason to bother.

If you and baby are normal-healthy then induction adds risks (whether it's home remedies or with drugs).
    Be sure you are aware of what it means to add unnecessary risks to you & baby before opting for anything.

Sex and walking are the 2 effective and safe things you can do.

Rather than add risks because of your possible lack or help, you might consider a birth and/or postpartum doula.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• SEX!!!!!! Sperm is a a natural labor inducer..
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• also clean your house top to bottom.. good luck
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• WALK, WALK, WALK!!! I swear it works, go to the mall and go for it :) Congratulations!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2010