what do you do when you need mommy time?

3 kids, deployed husband, children have too many health issues to put in day care, cant find a decent sitter to save my life, no family around, and very few freinds.
what do you do when you NEED mommy time?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 1:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh, you poor thing! Mommy time is so important. I don't know the ages, but maybe a good Disney movie. Set your t.v. room up like a theatre, pop some popcorn, make fake tickets and let them pretend they're at the movies :) During this time do what you want. A book, cup of coffee or just sit & relax in another room for a couple of hours.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• While they are sleeping.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i wish i have a answer for u but im almost on the same exept my husband work on call but works most of the time
    evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• well i have to say that u dont have 3 kids of my own but it feels like it all the time. and i wait till my little one is feed and put to bed then i go take me a nice relaxing bath.
    that always seems to help
    eaglesbaby1

Answer by eaglesbaby1 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• so i can leave know and be at your house later tonight or early tomorrow ,so get gf together and get ready for fun
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I just suck it up, because if he doesn't nap or go to bed at a reasonable time at night I don't get any. And here lately he doesn't nap....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don't know where you live or if your state has the program or not, bit here in Maine we have a program for children who have too many health issues or behavior issues. It is called respite care sevices. They have trained providers or you can choose your own and they pay like $8-$10 an hour for 16 hours a month. Maybe you should check into. I also know that there is Christian churches out there that will help you. They take care of widowed, single, and military moms that are in need.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2010