Should Christmas trees be removed because they 'offend' a few?

AND why would a harmless decorated tree offend anyone? Talk about GRINCH!

Chase Bank thinks so ( supossdly they have since recanted but STILL)

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/12/02/2676274/jpmorgan-chase-orders-southlake.html

‘Tis the season for absurd politically correct pronouncements

http://www.mantecabulletin.com/news/article/19001/

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 1:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not christian and I hate celebrating christmas, BUT I live in America and America was founded on christian beliefs, values and traditions. (Aside from the American Indians, of course). So I see the christmas tree as a symbol of tradition. I would not in the least bit be offended by a menorah or whatever people use to symbolize Kwanzaa. Change Merry Christmas to Happy Holidays if it "offends" people, but really...a tree? I also agree with Brickhouse. I prefer fake trees.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Because the offended cry for tolerance but don't want to be tolerant themselves.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I didn't read the link but think that anyone that could be offended by a Christmas tree is absurd. I did not grow up celebrating Christmas and was even taught that it was wrong but we understood that it was other peoples choice to celebrate. Now as an adult I do but I would not be offended by any other symbols for other religious holidays. The more the merrier.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• What next? Why is everyone so concerned about how others celebrate holidays? If everyone just did their own thing and stayed out of others business this world would be a much happier and healthier place to live.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• NOOO and people need to shut the hell up and just put their religious thing up right next to it. I hate people sometime..
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I do not like the fact that all those trees are cut down just for a month or two.

I live in Christmas tree farm country. That is what they are grown for, my son used to do summer work painting them. Yes. the ones you buy are painted.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Wow, whoever wrote that second article is a complete moron. Yes, companies are allowed to do whatever they want, and no, poinsettias do not kill babies and dogs, idiot. People like him are probably the reason the bank has the policy in the first place - mindless morons who believe anything they were ever told and throw a hissy if anyone changes anything to something they don't like. Kind of like the WalMart where the whole town went nuts screaming about them taking down trees for PCness, only to learn after they made complete asses of themselves that WalMart had donated the trees to needy families so they could have them before the holidays started.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It's a SECULAR decoration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christmas is not just for the religious. Anyone offended by a tree needs to get over it.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It will ALWAYS be a Christmas tree in my home. I have an artificial tree because I'm against chopping down trees but really to each his/her own..MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• WOW Some people over react to anything. If they want it that way I guess they should just tear down all churches. "It offends me to see religious buildings, I don't want religious book stores around either" ( that's me being sarcastic)
    I mean come on I'm Atheist and I could care less about that stuff being around. I'm not that big of a prude I just don't want to be preached to. I won't make a big deal seeing other faiths stuff all around.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2010