Any ideas on how to fix this ribbon wreath?

I made a bunch of ribbon wreaths for the ladies of the fam and our store didnt care the right type of styrofoam needed. How can I or what can I use to make the back of the needles not stab into the wall? Someone suggested felt but I don't think it's to thick enough. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Asked by FutureMrsWiske at 1:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Glue another layer or two of styrofoam to the back. That is a really pretty wreath.

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• This is very pretty! Can yu maybe cut out a piece of balsa wood and glue that to the back? Or try another piece of styrofoam

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i have no idea, but i do with i was crafty like you!! that looks awesome!

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 2:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Thanks, they are a pain in the butt to make at first. I think the first one I did took about 400 pieces of ribbon! My only concern with another piece of styrofoam is how it will lay on the wall. At the moment it lays flat (well almost due to the needles) If I add another piece I think it will bulg out, but I'll give it a try!

Comment by FutureMrsWiske (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I know it would be a lot of work but can you reposition them so they go in at an angle and stay entirely in the styrofoam? I have done that with pins before.

Answer by elizabr at 3:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• BTW - beautiful

• Cover the back with felt. Perhaps hot glue it to the back? Or tack it on with thumb tacks that are covered in something?

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I realize you want to fix this one but maybe you can look for shorter pins for the next one. Not really sure if they exist but wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Answer by chris219 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• just looked web site 'create for less' has different lengths of pins.

Answer by chris219 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It might take a lot of work but you could try cutting them with wire cutters, or bending them. Then the only other thing I could think of is put another thin piece of styrafoam on back.

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2010