Why women are still getting the short stick?

I kow this topic has already been done but dont care lol I want to know why do women in this country get the short end of the political stick? I remember after Obams won I was talking to a guy and said ok so we got a black i there we should get a black woman. he said "one step at a time" like *itch!!! I walked away from him but why is that such a stretch of our imagination. Why can't a woman of any color run the office. So many other countries are ran by woman and they have not fallen off the map. Just dont get why we (especially black woman) are held back.

i will admit I wanted Hillary over Obama. I belive in girl power! lol Wonder if she is thinking with how the economy is and stuff like maybe it was a good thing I didn't win lol

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 1:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i dont know cause the way i see it ( like u said) look at all these other cuntries that are ran by women. they seem to be doing a hell of alot better thatn we are i think if we ever get a women in office that will ba all she wrote and this country would run alot smoother amd come out back on top where we should be to start with.
    eaglesbaby1

Answer by eaglesbaby1 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• We don't/ I vote for who I see as the best PERSON for the job. Not by gender, color or any other thing. We have had a woman as speaker of the house, we have many women on boards of directors, we have women drs. lawyers, senators, house of reps and that list can go on and on.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• lol right. I've heard some Americna men saying our attitude and PMS will get us into wars. No I think for the msot part men do not want to hear a woman bitch at them so they try to find a solution quick or just give in hahahahaa Especially if we get a woman that has had kids she will know how to multi task and balance a budget...you know.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Right we have full potential but IDK. We are smart can handle our business and take care of a family. Guys are naturally aggressive so i do not think we would have more war or violence. And most women tend to take care of home (domestic issues) first then deal with outside (international) problems. We have more compassion and understanding about what we need in the homeside. most economic classes and cultures (women) are the same. "trim the fat"
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Because our nation is not ready for women to have that much control/power. I know many do not want to accept it but that glass ceiling is still there. The whole political thing is another story...even if a woman is running I will not vote for her because she is a woman...just like I am not going to vote for Obama because he is brown. I vote for the person who best represents my values.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• good point brichhouse. I know I found a lot of people voting for Obama just because he is black (technically mixed but whatever) and I was like do you know what he stands for? no one knew all they knew it was going to be something that upset the white man. I was so outrgaged by it I didn't even vote because I knew it wasn't about the platform but color. The most recent vote Ihad friends say they just go down the democrat side. They have no clue who a person is but as long as they say Dem it's all good. Sometimes I vote Republican because that means stiff rules.We can not be so easy with things. I do understand circumstances but rules are needed to protect everyone.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Lol I have no idea why that is.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• idk either
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• For me, the only woman who would make a really good President is Condoleeza Rice. She's my pick anyday. Not sure if she'd ever run, but I would definetly vote for her if she did.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Because we're all b*tches. Seriously, we get strong women in power and then we pick them apart the same way we do ourselves.

Look at Pelosi, Clinton, Palin and Whitman. They get picked apart and it's done by other women. If we ever want a woman in power we'll have to band together and agree to disagree. You don't have to like someone, but you don't have to demonize them either.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 4:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010