Taking Amoxicillin and 6 months prego

My doctor prescribed me amoxicillin for bronchitis and i was just wondering is it really safe for the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you have any concerns about prescription medication the best person to talk to is the pharmacist. They know more about medication then even your doctor. The only antibiotics I have been prescribed through out my pregnancy is cephalexin. So I would suggest calling your pharmacist and asking them about it. To be safer.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I had to take emycin when pregnant with my son who is now 20. I can't take penicillin. He turned out just fine. Don't worry mama.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• With my first baby i got a kidney infection and was on two different antibiotics for a while, then one the rest of my pregnancy (like 4 months or so). Baby is now a healthy 4 year old!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 2:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• if your dr gave it to you then im sure its safe they know whats safe to take while pregnant and whats not. I got several uti while pregnant and was given a couple different types of antibiotics and my children are healthy with no problems.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• A doctor will tell you to trust in him and his staff, that people can sometimes unintentionally create turmoil for you with their comments since they don't understand your particular condition.
    What I mean is maybe there are other things he took into consideration when he decided to prescribe you this.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Double check that with your doctor or a pharmacist.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i got perscribed it as well n i told the doc i was prego n she said that it was safe to take...i took it a few weeks ago n i was 7 months prego
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 12:34 AM on Dec. 5, 2010