what can i do for a congested baby?

he is about 3 weeks old. i put a humidifier in the room but it isnt helping a lot. anything else i can do?

jennifer588

Asked by jennifer588 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Vicks Baby rub works pretty good for my kids, but i've never used it on them when they were that young. I'd double check with the ped just to be sure it's ok!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 2:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• vicks baby rub is only for babies 3months and up check with your dr first. try letting him sleep elevated and give him a nice warm bath to help loosen the congestion then suck his nose reall good befor going to sleep.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• a warm bath at night so they can breathe at night while they sleep, a warm bath should help break down what's in their nose and bring it down so you can suction it out
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I thought steam from a running shower sometimes works for temporary relief. If your baby is really seriously congested some antibiotics from the pediatrician.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• for three weeks old. I would think hot steam might help, baby nasal drops, sleep kinna propped up, if in doubt and can not reach a doctor try your local phayist and they will let you know what is safe to use.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010