I'm 28 weeks and my daughter is still kicking the lower part of my belly. Will she be breech?

I was born breech and so was my dad. My husband wasnt breech. I'm just wondering if there is still a chance for her to move into the head down position.

WillowMyLuv

Asked by WillowMyLuv at 2:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• she may not even be breech honeslty its hard to tell what your feeling it could be her little arms down there. also even if she is still head up shes got plenty of room to still turn around they dont worry to much till around 34weeks if they havnt turned by then.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Babies can turn all the way up to the moment of labor. If you're worried about a breech baby, start to look for a prenatal masseuse and/or acupuncturist, both of which can help to turn the baby naturally.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• You still have plenty of time.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My son was breech until 34 weeks. He was born head first. Your baby is still small and can switch back and forth easily still.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 2:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• from what I've learned they can flip turn and somersault up til the week or even day they're born
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Your baby has a high chance of turning vertex prior to delivery, but it might be within minutes of delivery...

At 20 weeks, about one in four pregnancies are breech presentation. By full term, the incidence is about 4%.

Graph of presentation by gestational age

If you are interested in encouraging things along, there are options.
    You can consider hiring a care provider that saves cesareans for emergencies, just to be extra cautious, too.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• We had 4 miscarriages before this pregnancy so EVERYTHING is causing me to worry!
    WillowMyLuv

Comment by WillowMyLuv (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It's understandable.
    But getting good information is the key to alleviating worries.
    Knowledge is power-- to move on, relax, enjoy.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• well the baby really dont go head down till about week 32 to week 36. a friend of mines baby didnt go head down till she was 37 weeks so yes there is still plenty of time for the baby to go head down
    eaglesbaby1

Answer by eaglesbaby1 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010