How can I get rid of my 6 month old cradle cap?

Lana618

Asked by Lana618 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Besides picking it out? Babyoil and a soft brush works great!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• don't pick it out,it hurts! Try a shampoo and commb with a baby comb while it is wet,it comes out. Wash hair with shampoo and then comb through. U can try a shampoo that has conditioner in it. Makes it easier.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• You can't, really. You can make it better though.
    Use one of those baby hairbrushes to get all the dead skin off. Wash with dawn - GENTLY, only on the affected area. Than use a little mineral oil.
    Sometimes the increased oil makes it worse (my MIL swore by it, all her kids had cradle cap. When I used it on my kid, it made it worse.) We got a medicated shampoo for my kid. It's a mild version of that T-Gel shit.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 3:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My pediatrician just told me,alot of babies have it and it does go away.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• when they get a bath scud his/her head really good and put baby oil on it and continue that till to goes away. the baby oil losenes it up.
    eaglesbaby1

Answer by eaglesbaby1 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I was a foster parent for 2 1/2 years and had 15 babies. Head and shoulders work great. Use the moisturizer one or one the says something about extra conditioning -- it usually one takes about 3 days -- don't pick at it - it will take longer just brush it to get rid of the loose stuff -- then if you use it once or twice a week for a few monthes you will not have a problem with cradle cap -- it always worked for me and my babies
    Momamyamy

Answer by Momamyamy at 3:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My 4 month old has cradle cap too, his pediatrician says it's nothing to worry about. He suggested getting dandruff shampoo. I've heard you can rub olive oil on the baby's scalp, leave it for like 5 minutes and then wash it off. My baby's cradle cap wasn't too bad I sort of picked it off, but he didn't seem to mind one bit and actually he was laughing at his father while I was doing it. I mean it's dead skin so I don't think it's a big deal if you pick at it, but gently of course.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 7:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don't know. My 13 month old still has cradle cap. It's not as bad though.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2010