Would you drink breastmilk to treat cancer?

Breastmilk as a cancer treatment has been given real weight in the past couple years with the discovery of HAMLET (Human Alpha-lactalbumin Made Lethal to Tumour cells). This protein basically causes cancer cells to destroy themselves while leaving healthy cells in tact. Breastmilk has been given to chemo patients because of its high fat content, while being easy to digest. It helps keep calories in patients having a hard time doing so. But now there is research saying it is actually curing some cancers.
I dont know how the protein is administered in the trials (injections or just plain drinking the milk).

Would you be okay with drinking breastmilk or donating breastmilk to possibly cure a cancer?

I ask because I, personally, would be totally fine with it. But i am nursing my daughter right now with an oversupply, and have a friend that is going though chemo. I feel like i could help her, but i dont think she would receive the offer very well.

redderbedder

Asked by redderbedder at 3:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If I had cancer and it was possible that I could help cure it by drinking breast milk, I would! as long as it was tested clean.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 3:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would absolutely drink it and donate it! And anyone who says they wouldn't drink breastmilk even though it had the potential to save their life, has a really messed up mentality.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Oh hell yes. I would love to. But please don't tell my husband he will fiend some rare form of cancer and need to be nursed every two hours.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yes I would! If I had cancer I would be doing everything in my power to try to get better.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 3:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Sure, look at the stuff most people but into their bodies- I can't believe anyone would be scared of a little breast milk :)

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Absolutely! Have you ever tasted it? Not bad. I would definitely donate if I could, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Heck yes I would!!! It is soooo good for you anyway!!! I would prefer it to be mine . . . lol
    Huntersmom209

Answer by Huntersmom209 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2010