is it good to let ur oldest baby help with the babys room?

eaglesbaby1

Asked by eaglesbaby1 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't see why not. I have heard that whenever a new baby is being introduced in the family, it is beneficial and important to include the others in planning for, and caring for the baby...even just little things. It makes them feel special and needed...plus it is also a good way to spend time with them.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think it would be a great idea. It will make them feel part of helping out the baby. When your new baby gets there your older one will have fun telling them how they helped out. It will make them feel proud of what they did.
    ErinsMomma1

Answer by ErinsMomma1 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I let my 5 year old help with her newborn baby sister's room. It helped her to get more excited about the baby come and since she's been the only child and grandchild for so long it has really helped with her sometimes jealouse ways. If you include your child and let he or she be a helper the transiton of bringing in a newborn is much easier.
    NavyWifeMom2011

Answer by NavyWifeMom2011 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I let my oldest pick out my daughters name
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Any involvement in making your older child(ren) feel more responsibility and accountability with the new baby, the bettter. If the older child(ren) have a sense of responsibility for the new baby, then he or she will likely have a better time adjusting to the new family member, and the time taken away from him or her to care for the new baby.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 9:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2010