Is more of a good thing really better?

So of course you say sure, more money is great, more sex is great.. But really is it. I am on a life style change. I have changed my diet. Yeah pretty fun huh? I have lost 15 lbs. Yeah me.
I have yet to figure out a way to eat less. For instance today I made some home made soup. Turkey noodle with oinions, carrots, celery and egg noodles. Yummy but seriously I take a huge bowl and I want more!
Am I still hungry? NO!
I just love it! It is so freaking yummy.

How do I get it into my thick skull and full tummy that more is not better? More is not necessary?

Do you have any success stories you can share with me?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I know EXACTLY what you mean. Snacking and over eating are not usually about hunger...at least not for all of us.

I'm online now to keep from snacking. But the sun is coming out here, so it'll be easier for me to get lost in a craft project I have sitting waiting for my attention. Usually, if I'm really into a project (sewing or knitting or something that involves my hands in a way that I cannot snack while I'm doing it), then I don't feel the need to eat. I even forget about meals when I'm in the middle of a really engaging project.

Hope that helps. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• If you find the miracle cure let me know. They say it takes 20 minutes for your brain to tell your stomach it is full. It should be the other way around. I agree with the above post that by getting involved in some sort of activity may keep us from wanting to eat.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I stay really busy cleaning some days and it keeps me from eating and thinking about food, Maybe you could try eating SUPER slow and enjoying every single bite . You are doing great though. 15 pounds is a lot! Focus on what you're doing right:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010