Is more of a good thing really better?

So of course you say sure, more money is great, more sex is great.. But really is it. I am on a life style change. I have changed my diet. Yeah pretty fun huh? I have lost 15 lbs. Yeah me.
I have yet to figure out a way to eat less. For instance today I made some home made soup. Turkey noodle with oinions, carrots, celery and egg noodles. Yummy but seriously I take a huge bowl and I want more!
Am I still hungry? NO!
I just love it! It is so freaking yummy.

How do I get it into my thick skull and full tummy that more is not better? More is not necessary?

Do you have any success stories you can share with me?
Yeah I posted it in two categories. Thanks.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband and I give ourselves ten minutes to eat. That does not mean scarfing down. is placing your fork down in between bites. Then we leave for 5 minutes if we are still hungry when that times is up we can eat more. 9 out of 10 times we are not hungry. We also have cues that we do when we are finished eating. It is a way of telling the brain that we are finished. My husband likes to chew gum and I am good with jut putting my napkin on my meal and pushing it away. My hubby has lost about 40 lbs since starting and I am down about 20.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• eatingI use a small bowl to eat the main meal, most times i am not full so i have a back up of fruits like plums, apple slices with p-nut butter, grapes, low fat yogurt etc. i dont care how much of the healthy stuff i eat because my goal is to feel full without all the bad,fattening calories. great trick.

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I used to be terrible about that (still am occasionally). I've had to force myself to stop. I've made some major life changes, and I've lost 31 lbs so far. Long way to go, but portion control and eating small frequent meals have made a HUGE HUGE difference.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2010