What's the most controversial book you've read?

It doesn't necessarily have to be the BOOK that was controversial, it could be the content.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• WHY THE HELL WAS THAT CONTROVERSIAL?!?! I will never understand. It was moderately good.
    I've read The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie...I've read The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey (interestingly enough, they are not about the same thing). The Turner Diaries, The Anarchists Cookbook, Holy Blood, Holy Grail, The God Delusion...I like books that make me think...well, except for The Turner Diaries. That didn't make me think, it made me sick.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 4:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Catcher in the Rye.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Jenny. I don't know either... lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I read this book once about a girl who was aborted. How she lived and what her life was about. I don't know why any one would tell her that she was aborted but it was a christian book and it was about you guessed it "Anti-Abortion"..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• @ mmmegan- I read that book! Gianna right? that one was a true story. I also read one called Tilly it was about a woman who dreamed she met her aborted child and woke up devastated and unsure it it was a dream or not it was obviously not real.
    Anonymous

• Guess it depends on who you talk to. I've read the Satanic Bible, the actual Bible, The Kama Sutra, And the "Gothic Grimoire" as well as others...

To me I would say the GG was the most controversial, but I can think from different perspectives that would be rather subjective...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Oh, Holy Blood Holy Grail could go on that list too... I forgot about it...

• The Bible
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 7:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My brother had a book from the library that was so spooky. It was about hell and what it looked like with artwork that was so cool.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Catcher i the Rye...and I did not understand what made it so controversal.....it was a waste of paper lol I read it so i could get into the mind of the guy who shoot John lennon....that guy was just mentality ill. Nothing in that book is worth remembering.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 11:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010