is there a way to get my 4 y/o tostop asking why about everything?

eaglesbaby1

Asked by eaglesbaby1 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sorry not really my 7yr old still ask why about everything and I also have a 3yr old.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 4:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Why would you want to? A child's natural curiosity should be encouraged and celebrated.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 4:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• If it is a continuous why about the same thing I use to ask mine the same question back, like "why do you think the wind blows" or "why is the snow so cold". They aren't doing it to irritate you even though it is irritating, they really do want to know why?.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I actually liked when my kids were asking questions when they had a reason to know information. I welcomed it since I knew they were thinking and wanting to learn.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• my child has autism
    would LOVE her to ask me questions

can i please have this problem!
    Please God, let me have this problem someday soon
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• you can always wait until child is teenager, then they will know everthing and never listen to you

(unless they have autism, then it may not be this way when child is a teen)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have 4 yearold twins so I feel this question. When you can answer as many as you can, but when you have had enough try putting on their favorite music or simply say, "We are done with this conversation right now, and it's time for everyone to be quiet".
    twinsnowmytime

Answer by twinsnowmytime at 4:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• lol when im tired of answering these questions by my 4 and 2 year old i simple just say...b/c im mommy and i said so
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Sorry. That's what 4 year olds do.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Congrats on having a well developed child that may one day have the cure for cancer or something else significant BECAUSE she was smart enough to ask questions

Answer by admckenzie at 4:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010