what to do with my cat:(

I have had this orange tabby for 6-7 years and hes not the freindliest guy but hes mine. well he has a peeing prob and I have had him tested for bladder probs ect...we tore out all the carpet he destroyed and peed all over and are replacing it with laminate flooring. He has now begun to pee on that. what do I do? he doesnt seem to like my two dogs or kid and im pregnant again and he is miserable. I am afraid he is not adoptable because hes not to social and pisses. What are my options? I do not want to put him down I dont think that is fair. any ideas?

scanamey77

Asked by scanamey77 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pets

• Talk to the vet about trying medication with him. My sister used Valium with one of her cats and it helped him stop spraying and peeing inappropriately. I even used prozac with one cat because she stopped using the box all together at the age of 15(never had this problem before with her) had blood work done full work up and hse was completely healthy. It made a huge differance
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• have u talked to a vet? my parents had a cat that wouldnt use the litter box and would go behind the couch and thye took it in to find out the cat had cancer and had to be put to sleep.....
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• he maybe stressed....I have one like that and is on meds for it. Get Nature's Mirical for cats...gets rid of the odor.
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I wish it were that easy. Yes hes been to the vet and nothing is wrong. I would agree he stressed and when I try to medicate him he claws my eyeballs out. natures miracle didnt work for me and he is now ruining my new 1000$ floor that I had to replace because of him. I think I am gonna have to put him outdoors even though it scares me
    scanamey77

Comment by scanamey77 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Have you tried cat diapers? Seriously, they make them. I'm just not sure how many cats would wear them, but apparently some of them do, because they keep selling them! I'd try that before putting him outdoors. Sorry, I know that's a tough situation to be in :(
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2010