S. 510 can still be killed ....

December 4, 2010

Dear Friend of Liberty,

I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is that S. 510, the misnamed "Food Safety Modernization Act," passed the Senate.

The good news is that this rotten bill has stalled in the House due to unconstitutional tax provisions originating in the Senate.  The House Ways and Means Committee is even threatening to "blue slip" and derail the legislation.

We must act now to kill this bill while it’s down.

Tell your representative to oppose the unconstitutional S. 510, which opens the floodgates for tyrannical federal bureaucrats to crush the food industry’s small businesses.

Despite contrary claims, close examination of S. 510 reveals that the FDA acquires even more power than before to shut down family farms on a whim.  But, as I write this, the few provisions that give some protections to small-scale farmers are under attack by Big Ag, which doesn't want to give your local food producers an inch of wiggle room.

The bill also empowers federal agencies to impose international guidelines and standards on domestic food producers - molding American food production into an unhealthy globalist Codex system.

And in these tough economic times, S. 510 will drive up the costs of food production by adding more layers of government interference.

Don't let the statists empower their Big Agriculture allies and destroy reputable food producers like the independent family farm, where the free market works every day to provide the public with healthy choices.

Click here to get contact information for calling, faxing, and emailing the U.S. House.

Send your congressman one clear message: stop the FDA’s War on Food!

In Liberty,

John Tate

President

P.S. The War on Food is unfortunately not the only leftover the statists hope to clear off their plates during the Lame Duck.  If you are able,
please chip in $10 today so C4L can continue fighting for freedom.

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Thanks for this info!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• – collapse
    I'm sorry but we NEED this bill to pass.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• What we NEED kerp is for the government to leave us alone ... the bill MUST die.
    Gal51

Comment by Gal51 (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• What we NEED kerp is for the government to leave us alone

So you are for legalized drugs, prostitution and abortions then?
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 5:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• – collapse
    LOL.
    I am all for trying to eliminate food poisoning.....
    If you had seen the farm that produced the eggs with salmonella that poisoned so many people in many states just recently, you would want them to be inspected....which they were not. It was gross. Irresponsible.
    All the "I want the government to leave us alone" crap is just that: Crap.
    Wake up!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Kerp please tell me why we need this bill to pass? Are you against famer's markets or people growing their own groceries?
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 5:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• LOL.
    Wake up!

If the government fully funded exsiting programs the egg incident would have never happened. This will simply be another failed government plan that will only affect those who had nothing to do with any of the food scares.
    Anonymous

• If you had seen the farm that produced the eggs with salmonella.....

So, kerp, you saw it. Please tell us about your experiences on this farm.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I am all for trying to eliminate food poisoning.....

***

And if you prepare food properly, you will not have a problem with food poisoning!! Unless of course, you eat raw eggs and don;t wash your produce prior to eating!

I read about the "unconstitutional tax" part...EXCELLENT!!  Dems (all of whom have law degrees)  in their haste to pass bills before the party is over can't even write a bill correctly!!  LOL  I understand a similar provision exists in ObamaCare, so it too may end up dying in the Supreme Court--assuming of course, a progressive judge doesn;t make the ruling!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

If you had seen the farm that produced the eggs with salmonella that poisoned so many people in many states just recently,

gerpielu, the FDA ALREADY has these powers. Do some research and quit show your lack of intelligence.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010