would you be pissed at your dh?

if for a month you had been planning a day to do something together as a family...and the night before he tells you "i have to work half the day but i promise i will be home in time to go" When he told you he requested the day off and up until the night before he has led you to believe he has the entire day off so you had planned the whole day. I'm so pissed. Thats what my dh did. And i'm still pissed. Although, we did do things without him and we did have fun.....i still want to bite his fuc*in head off when he comes through the door. Oh, and "half" a day....wouldve been getting off around noon. He's still at work, so i knew right away what half a day really meant. sorry i had to vent

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• What a dick! Men are such damn wusses..he obviously knew it was important to you to get the day off so he tells you what you wanna hear right up till the last minute rather than just say he would prefer to get the bonus pay that day. Dude needs to grow some balls!
    Anonymous

• Yes, I'd be upset!! Sorry it turned out that way but I am glad you had some fun too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Good that he is working, butttttttttt yup, I'd of been pissed, time with the family is important too.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• yes, i would be very pissed off.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I did get mad at my husband for something similar. I'd arranged for neighbors to get the children from the school buses and watch them (traded babysitting with them), and arranged so he and I could go Christmas shopping. The evening before, he says he has to go on a business trip starting that day. I was so disappointed. I told him I was disappointed and that I was looking forward to it, but then I let it drop. He can't help his work schedule. But I ended up doing all the shopping on my own locally.

Answer by Bmat at 5:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'd be very upset too, but maybe he's just thinking about the money, especially being as it's the holiday season. Or maybe they didn't give him the option of not working. Just trying to see the flip side, my husband has been on mandatory over time for last weekend, this weekend, and probably next weekend. Good luck, and try not to lay into him to hard.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 5:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• im just pissed because i talked all last month about how excited i was...i know that he knew he was going to have to work. i think he knew two wks ago when i asked "are you SURE you still have the day off cuz i can change the date" and he said "as far as i know i do but things could change"...i knew just by the way he said that that he was lying!!! I can't stand his ass
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• thats all he EVER thinks about is money
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• but its that a good thing? thinking about money? atleast hes got a job and is trying to support and raise money for his family..i know your pissed but does he work 7 days a week? can you plan something on the weekends or even a little something like a trip to the park and coffee ??
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 5:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would have no right to be pissed because it happens to me all of the time at work
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2010