What are symptoms for having a boy?

My baby heart rate was 142 because it was moving and I havent had and sickness during the pregnancy. Am I having a boy?

Marcia2

Asked by Marcia2 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Some symptoms for having a boy that I have heard are craving salty foods and carrying the "load" all in front...
    However, after having my baby's heartbeat rate taken at two appointments and learning that they were under 150 b/pm, AND not having any morning sickness at all during the first trimester... I found out that I was having a GIRL on the day of the sonogram(done at 5 months)!!
    My boyfriend and I were so sure that we were going to have a boy because we believed that I had the symptoms for having a boy, but that was not so! Though we are happy with knowing that we are having a daughter, this just goes to show you that old-wives-tales might not always be true!!!
    Anonymous

• Only an ultrasound can tell you if you are having a girl or a boy. Everything else are old wive's tales.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 10:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• No old wives tells have any truth behind them. I had "girl signs" when I was having a boy and "boy signs" when I was having a girl. Just wait until you can get an ultrasound and don't worry any time before then
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• There are supposedly a lot of different ways to tell if you're having a boy but it doesn't always work. My pregnancy went with all the signs of having a boy. Even all the old wives tales were saying boy...after bets from everyone that I was having a boy I had a little girl.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 10:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I don't think it has anything to do with the gender of the fetus.

However,i have heard that yours taste of food can tell. Sweet for girl, sour for boy. Belly shape, pointy for boy, round for girl.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• usually if you're carrying him high it's a boy...if the baby sits a lot lower you know it's a girl
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Well, I am on my second pregnancy..with my second son...both had high heart beats, craved salt, gained weight in my butt and hips..fun I know..I don't think really any of that means anything though until you have your ultrasound...good luck!!!
    waterski-mom

Answer by waterski-mom at 5:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2008