• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone decided to hold off on vaccines or used an alternative schedule? And if not does anyone wish that they had?

jacy3031

Asked by jacy3031 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest was on a full/regular schedule; my middle and youngest on delayed. If I could go back, I would not have any of them vaccinated at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I do no longer vaccinate my kids, When I was prego with my 4th I did some resurch and decided not to do any of it anymore. And it helped that my doc. is just a bit in agreement with me on that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• there are plenty, including myself and you can search for some groups on cafemom to join and get more answers. =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We decided to give my son only 2 at a time, so we go every 6 weeks and get 2.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 11:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have a 4.5 year old daughter and she has NEVER been vaccinated. I don't plan on vaccinating this baby either (due date is tomorrow). After doing a TON of research on it, I feel the risks involved outweighed the benefits.
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 12:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• To all of you who aren't having your children vaccinated, thank you for putting the rest of us at risk!
    Anonymous

• Oh, anon 12:28, your answer is ignorant. If you are vaccinated then you, obviously, are not at risk.
    Back to OP...I waited until I had stopped breastfeeding to immunize the kids. My thought was their immune system isn't mature enough to handle the vaccine, and I have antibodies in my milk that gets passed on to the baby.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My oldest and middle sons had them . My middle son has Autism .My 10 month old twins will NOT be getting them!!!
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 1:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• "Oh, anon 12:28, your answer is ignorant. If you are vaccinated then you, obviously, are not at risk. "

Even when vaccinated you can still contract the disease. Those who are vaccinated are just less likely. My son has had all of his vaccines EXCEPT his MMR because the doctor and I feel it is best to wait until he is two. NO ONE KNOWS the real cause of autism, but there is speculation that if it is genetic, the MMR's can trigger it. My little brother is autistic, so we just thought it best to wait. He will be vaccinated though.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2008