Cactus Splinters...help!

Today my son was having a photo shoot and we were outside and he fell in a patch of paddle cactus. He had the splinters or needles whatever they are called in his hands and arms and legs. Took him to dr and he is okay but now we have our clothes and his clothes that have the needles in them. I threw them in the washer on hot...should this do?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope, that is just going to spread the needles around and they will be in your washer now. You are going to have to get them out wiht tweezers. GL!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Not sure....but I hope the splinters are NOT still attached!

You may want to call a pharmacist say at Walgreens or CVS and ask them.

I got stuck by one of those darned plants as a kid......on my finger and I never touched one again.....but not sure what to do about on your clothing.

Good luck! Hope your son gets to feeling better!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yes, been there done that, dry them good, shake them and some you may have to pick off, those little buggers can hide,so look carefully
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Id say get rid of the clothes........if there are that many of them, honestly. Id want them gone and not on anything else too!

Not in the washer!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I know the pain. Poor little guy!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010