Would my cats eat a venus fly trap?

seriously! Though I see some excellent answers coming here!! My son wants one but I am afraid the cats will eat it. They ate his bean sprout.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pets

• hmm.... I'm wondering it the fly trap will eat the cat. Maybe it'll turn into a "Little Shop of Horrors" kinda thing. Sooo, I guess the real question is--how much do you like the cat??
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• lol...they would try, but not sure they would get far. The digestive acids that fly traps have would discourage the cat from eating it fully.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have one & my kitten does not eat it. He doesn't eat any of my plants. Make sure you use distilled water for it, any other water...even good drinking water will slowly kill the fly trap.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• dang it! I figred as much. I want to get him one but I'm not spending 10 dollars for cat floss.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Maybe if you put it in an area the cats can't get to or made it a hanging plant in your son's bedroom where the cats can't jump on it. That's what we did. There are too many plants that are killers to animals. By putting them on hanger from the celling we were able to enjoy the plants and not have to worry about our animals digging them up or chewing them. Hope this helps...
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 7:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Probably. Buy some potted grass.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 10:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010