used gifts

is it ok to give used gifts if they are in really good or excellent condition? i'm not talking about regifting, but more like buying from a resale shop, or from ebay?

FinleyFirst

Asked by FinleyFirst at 5:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• sure

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Whatever you feel comfortable with. Some people like antiques and stuff like that, so I would say Yes.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don't see why not!

Answer by older at 5:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i personaly do not see a problem with that I have given a gift before from a resale shop.
    nevaehmarie11

Answer by nevaehmarie11 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I love vintage items so for me it's a big YES.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I do it all the time. I bought my mom and great silver vase with a rose on it from goodwill for only $2!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 5:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• um most of my Christmas present are from the Goodwill, my SO has 5 brother's I have 5 sister's they need to be happy to get anything lol, also going to give them Christmas ornaments I made, it's really cheap to make $5 box of glass bulbs from the dollar store, print off some pics and you have a personalized Christmas ornament. (I'm putting copies of the ultra sound but any pic will work) Times are hard for everyone
    xbabygirlz

Answer by xbabygirlz at 5:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i gave my son a used wii for his bday. stuff like that i would give. i wouldnt give used action figures (unless of course they were collecters) or used anything else. Used instruments, electronics..stuff like that though, of course.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• my 6 yr old took some of his DVD's and stuck them in gift bags and those are his gifts for everyone. I don't think it is a bad idea to do
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I got two used DVD's from a friend I know has very little money last year that she had bought on Amazon and I just thought it was sweet that she went through the trouble trying to find two movies I had mentioned I loved. I know some people might have a problem with it but if they do then they obviously don't understand that it truly is the thought that counts.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2010