what is the age limit on zhu zhu pets?

my daughters are wanting them for christmas my oldest is 5.5 I figure she is probably old enough? But my younget daughter also wants one she will be 3 2 weeks after christmas

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well i say if you feel that it isn't that big of a deal and it won't hurt then why not right ?
    nevaehmarie11

Answer by nevaehmarie11 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• According to the manufacturer, recommended for ages 4 and up. ..... Age rating of 4+. Zhu Zhu Pets™ are designed to be enjoyed by a wide range of ages both boys and girls and can be expanded to fill the imagination. They are not recommended for children younger than 4 years of age. . It is strongly recommended to follow the age rating set by manufactures on any product.
    • CAUTION: All motorized wheel toys have the potential for hair entanglement. To prevent entanglement, keep hair away from wheels. If a child’s hair gets caught by winding around a wheel, simply stop the wheel by firmly grabbing it. Next, press the back or head button once to stop motor from running
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think they are ages 3-8
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• the reason i ask is cause i haven't actually seen them out of the package. So I am not sure if they come with little peices or what?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don't think there is one. We bought them for my five year old daughter for her birthday, and my daughter who is 22 bought some for herself!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think they say three and up on the package. The only thing I would watch out for is their hair in the wheels- there is no off switch and if a girl with long hair held one up to her face and turned it on, it would be easy for the hair to wrap around the wheel and I think you'd have to cut it out!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My 3 yr old has one. It didn't come with any little parts but I do have to remind her to keep it away from her hair. She loves it!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don't know but my almost eleven year old twins and three year old son have all requested them:) I thought they seemed fine for my three year old.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 9:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Watch out for their hair. There is a hazard of children's hair (especially long hair) getting caught up in the wheels of the Zhu-zhu pets wheels, which are battery operated.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 9:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010